DAY 1 - Arrival at Leh
- Arrive at Leh airport (KushokBakula Rinpoche) by morning flight. This flight is one of the most sensational flights in the world. On a clear day from one side of the aircraft can be seen in the distance the peaks of K2, Nanga Parbat, Gasherbrum, and on the other side of the aircraft, so close that you feel you could reach out and touch it, is the Nun Kun massif. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel. You would take a little time to settle in and acclimatize since you have gone from a relatively low elevation to over 11,000 feet! During the afternoon, visit Leh Market, Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa to allow you to get oriented to this fascinating city.
- Stay overnight in Leh.
DAY 2 - Leh Local (Sham Valley)
- After breakfast, visit Magnetic Hill, the Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, and The Sangam of Zanskar & Indus River.
- Later back to the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel in Leh.
DAY 3 - Leh to Nubra Valley (125 KM / 5-6 Hrs )
- After an early breakfast, we will start our journey towards Nubra Valley. It is located at a distance of 125 km from Leh. On our way to Nubra Valley, we will pass through the highest motorable road in the world that is the Khardungla Pass. It is at a height of 5602 meters. After arriving at Nubra, we will visit the Sand dunes at Hunder. If you want, you can enjoy a camel ride, Cultural Dance Show & ATV Ride here (At your own Cost). After visiting Hunder, if time permits, we will go to the Diskit Monastery. Once you've seen everything there is to see, you'll check into one of the hotels or camps in Nubra Valley.
- The evening is unhurried. Staying the night at Nubra for dinner.
DAY 4 - Nubra to Pangong via Shyok (150 KM / 06 - 07Hrs )
- We will start the day following the same route towards Leh till we reach Khalsar. From the Agyambridge, we will take the left route which leads us to the villages of Shyok and Durbuk. The road after Shyok is good but very steep. After Durbuk, take a left towards Tangtse and follow the traditional route. Drive to Pangong Lake (3 Idiot Shooting Points) on the Indo-China border. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Shyokriver on one side and the Mountains on another side. The lake is a major attraction of the region and is amongst the highest altitude saline water lakes in the world and changes colours from shades of blue to green to red. Featured in movies like 3-idiots and Jab Tak Hai Jaan, it is said to be the most beautiful lake in India.
- Overnight stay at a campsite near Pangong Lake.
DAY 5 -Pangong Lake to Leh (155 KM / 05 - 06 Hrs )
- Morning, you will be transfer to the beautiful Pangong Lake and enjoy breakfast near the Lake. Start your drive back and pass through the numerous villages on the way like Durbuk, Tangtse many more on the way Leh, take a short halt at Changla Pass to enjoy a cup of hot steaming tea.
- Stay overnight in Leh.
DAY 6 -Leh
- Post breakfast, depart for Leh airport. End your trip with memories to cherish forever.